Competitions Code being added.

General chat and support page.
zap

Competitions Code being added.

Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:37 am

Were getting ready to push the competitions code. This exciting new feature will be added shortly..

Once uploaded we need to get feedback. This thread is for feedback on this exciting new feature...

Cheers
Shane.
administrator
Site Admin

Re: Competitions Code being added.

Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:28 am

Finally it's coming together, fingers crossed we have a competition announcement in a week. :)
zap

Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:44 pm

Cheers Players this competition is to have a bit of fun and test out some code for the competitions project.. Please give ideas and chat here.. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=55 I'll upload a few score later today and see if i can get a online game going with jac64.. Have Fun Shane.

You will notice this game has been played before, only score uploaded during the competition will arrive here but these score will be added to Armalyte's game page as well, scores uploaded before this competition should not be included here only fresh games scored during the competition i chose this game cause it;s fun and has been uploaded before to test out the code... Next Competition game will be submitted by the players and voted on by the players.

Cheers
zap

Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:07 pm

Pushed some more code a few bug fixes and a editor for Admins.

Next will be the code for new competitions chosen by players then voted by players and we will be working on players competitions, where you can build your own competitions and invite players to compete more on this later. Players competitions will appear on your profile page and on the competitions home page. Including a score board.

Shane.
zap

Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:34 am

BattleZone C64 Competition “Once more into the fray, into the last good fight I’ll ever know. Live and die on this day, live and die on this day”

https://cbm8bit.com/highscores/competition/14

Pushed a great deal of more code today...

Help needed on how to best display the Competitions web page... https://cbm8bit.com/highscores/competitions/

How would you display the info on this page...

Shane.
ralph_wiggum

Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:30 am

Thanks for starting a new competition! I like it :D

I found out that the Gamebase link for Battlezone is wrong. The link leads to Tank Battlezone.
zap

Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:22 am

Thanks i will fix that...

I was hoping to get the code to allow players to start competitions done by now. Soon trusted players will be able to start and have voting on your own competitions.

Shane.
Mitch J. Frenzal

Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:38 pm

Just a suggestion, But reverse the order of the old competition results. So it shows the most modern ones at the top.

Edit : Or just put that time I won at Photon Storm at the top. :P
Mitch J. Frenzal

Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:53 pm

Gamebase link should be.....
http://www.gb64.com/game.php?id=688
zap

Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:34 am

mitchfrenzal cheers i made the change... Did you know you can also make changes or add your own links :)

Shane

Return to “The Retro Computer and Game Consoles Support & Chat”