Competitions Code being added.

General chat and support page.
Mitch J. Frenzal

Re: Competitions Code being added.

Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:22 pm

I kind of did, But you know me, It'll take me an hour to work out how to do that. Easier just to highlight what should have been done for now. :P
Mitch J. Frenzal

Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:55 pm

Also, I've noticed the competiton results have gone back to how they were, (oldest first.) I know you changed them so they were newest first, But it doesn't seem to have stuck.
zap

Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:54 pm

Code was developed to look for duplicates and voting on games for the monthly competitions and should be pushed soon..

Players will be able to start competitions and invite others to compete i was thinking one per month per player. these Competitions will be listed in the players profile and on the competitions page.. The competitions page will be revamped to display more info with more pages on results ect..

Sorting of scores and competitons will be listed in a different way, still looking for ideas on how to display the pages..

Cheers
Shane.
zap

Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:04 am

The code for player nominated competitions is almost finalized, This would allow for a different type of competition where players can nominate games and vote on the game for the next monthly competition :)

Also in the pipeline is player competitions where you can create a competition of your own and others players can compete, you will control the duration and choose the game to be played the results would be in your player profile page and active competitions on the sites competitions page. You will be able to invite players to compete in your competitions and have your own score board for certain competition categories.

How about a community center where players that wish to get announcements via email and live chat can come together to leave messages and list their current scores and or competitions. etc What would your feature request for a community hall be ? Kind of a BBS i guess.

Shane.
zap

Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:05 am

Pulled some new code to the Scores project, i just started a new competition that will automatically become visible tomorrow where players can nominate a game and vote on games nominated by others for a new competition. Fingers crossed all will work as per coded. :)

zap
Mitch J. Frenzal

Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:15 pm

Erk, Not bloody 1942, And at most not the bloody C64 version of 1942!
zap

Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:28 pm

Mitch J. Frenzal wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:15 pm
Erk, Not bloody 1942, And at most not the bloody C64 version of 1942!
This is a feature i wished to add for this very reason, If you don't like a game you can vote against it and for another game then the most popular game gets nominated. Still working on this nominated feature and in the next update you will see some more features added...

Don't forget feedback drives changes. <-----

A big format change is coming with more color and more retro gaming theming. Once we have added enough functionality we can work on the looks of the site more "I need retro gaming images for backgrounds".

Maybe under each nominated game we add a message section where players can add a message to sway the vote and mention emulators required to play it.

Maybe a Emulator section should be added to the site to add information on how to play certain platforms and where to get the emulator, this information would be driven by players same as adding game scores and editing them..

Gave me the opportunity to test the delete function :) 1942 gone....

Feedback required.
Shane.
zap

Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:35 pm

To nominate you must have uploaded 20 scores. Participation has rewards and will have more as more features are added.
Players competitions are being worked on allowing you to host your own competitions with results kept in players page.

Players competitions will be listed on the competition page but results etc will be displayed in your page.
Mitch J. Frenzal

Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:33 pm

Yeah, I kind of get where we're going. And about 80% of other versions of 1942 I could take, Not that awful C64 one though. :)
Mitch J. Frenzal

Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:38 pm

If it is going to be Revenge, When I get chance, I'll webdrive the original disks and tapes. :)

Return to “The Retro Computer and Game Consoles Support & Chat”