Posting highscore in correct section

General chat and support page.
shadow

Posting highscore in correct section

Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:56 pm

Hi,

Mitch J. Freznal posted a question within the "Scores forum updates"-topic, but since I suspect that this subject will apply more often in the future I made a new topic for these kind of issues here. It pertains to scores which might be posted within the section of possibly the wrong system.

The question by Mitch: "[…] Those Atari Anniversary scores, Isn't that just MAME for PS1 with fancy bezels? (I have them, And they are.). But does that put them in PS1, Or the MAME section? I'll leave this one in your hands. :)"

I posted a couple of PS1-scores from the original game-CD Atari Anniversary Redux. I thought those were conversions of the arcade games to the Playstation, but Mitch made the remark that the original roms were used on the CD. So can these be seen as ARCADE games or as PLAYSTATION games? MAME is a tool to play emulated arcade games and playing Atari Anniversary Redux on a Playstation makes that the tool to play the emulated arcade games.

So, interesting to hear what the mods think!
Mitch J. Frenzal

Re: Posting highscore in correct section

Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:32 pm

For the record, Most of the Digital Eclispe releases are pretty much run by MAME anyway. I had the Williams collection too. The Namco ones seem to be running something else, But they're still emulated. Unlike the Sega-Ages games, Which were re-programmed. Yeah, Just thinking about it makes my brain hurt :)
GTi_bel

Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:59 pm

Hi,
I suggest sticking to the platform it's released on. So PSX/PS1. Otherwise it would make things very complicated and this avoids endless discussions. On other highscore sites they apply the same logic.
zap

Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:09 am

Welcome GTi_bel to the forum and the scores project. :)

I wish to take this opportunity to mention that policy is community driven and discussions on policy is welcomed in the forum for transparency this is where rules and policy should be debated in a robust and respectful manner. Some rules and policy that are written in the code of the site will take a while to implement so have your say and lets make the scores project a community driven experience.

At some point we will be required to write a players manual :) any help with this would be great..

Cheers Shane.

Return to “The Retro Computer and Game Consoles Support & Chat”