The Scores project updates.

General chat and support page.
zap

Re: The Scores project updates.

Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:36 am

Mitch J. Frenzal it's an issue with the web server cache hopefully a few changers made have fixed it,
Cheers for posting this..
zap

Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:49 am

https://cbm8bit.com/highscores/game/c64 ... score-7169
Some changes i made to the river raid game....
ralph_wiggum

Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:17 pm

I noticed in the game Planet Golf that in golf games generally the lowest score should be ranked at # 1. On the transmitting page of the high score "Is this game's best score achieved by?" the option lowest score is missing. Could this option be added?
zap

Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:40 am

Yes this will be added thanks for shining a light on this issue.

Greatest Points <--- Defaults
Fastest Time
Highest Time
We need to add Lowest Points. Will this option be ok...

Shane.
zap

Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:51 am

ralph_wiggum wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:17 pm
I noticed in the game Planet Golf that in golf games generally the lowest score should be ranked at # 1. On the transmitting page of the high score "Is this game's best score achieved by?" the option lowest score is missing. Could this option be added?
In the next update this week you will have the option to choose lowest score wins... I will change the option on games already uploaded soon as the fix is pushed.. post a link to your games so i can remember to do it or post to remind me.

Many new features will creep into the site this week some as for moderators some are player features.. :) Post what feature you would like to see all our projects require users to help by offering up ideas..

In four weeks the competitions pages should be finished and we can resume regular competitions run by players :) Rules and features need to be given to help make this a players driven competitions your input is vital..

Have Fun
Shane.
zap

Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:11 am

I would like to add reviews to the extra info in the scores project then build a new project called Game reviews, the reviews will be added to the scores page as a brief description of the review and then click to get the full review.

Have a look at the image and let us know how and where we should add the review link and what information to add to the review..

Hints will be added how should we do this? and what should it look like.

Cheers for your feedback.
Attachments
reviews1.png
reviews1.png (102.55 KiB) Viewed 1305 times
Mitch J. Frenzal

Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:34 pm

Maybe have links from the highscore page to reviews, hints and tips, that sort of thing. That when clicked upon give you the chance to write your own?

Good work so far, Haven't been 100% recently. Will be back in full force shortly. :)
zap

Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:13 pm

OK massive push tonight mostly code for future features pushed and back end and code to reduce spamming of the site, however you can now add a score for games where the lowest score is the best. As per requested, feedback drives features. We now have a proper error message when tiring to upload an game image without adding the image first.

The reviews will be linked to the score page. :)

Some might have received an email by mistake while work on the administration back end we being tested sorry for this :)

Enjoy
Shane.
zap

Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:56 am

Added extra information on https://cbm8bit.com/highscores/game/c64/?game=Galencia how can we display this better or is this format ok..

Will be spending sometime striping the site of code not needed anymore since the new updates. :)
GTi_bel

Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:07 pm

For me that's ok.

Return to “The Retro Computer and Game Consoles Support & Chat”