The Scores project updates.

General chat and support page.
zap

Re: The Scores project updates.

Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:35 am

Feature request a Game Review if a user hovers over the game image any players reviews pop up.. There would be a button [Write Review] in there you would be able to write in txt a small review once you get to a certain level......

Check out a new feature... https://cbm8bit.com/highscores/profile/zzap you will find a button to the games the user is following and if it's your profile you can unfollow any you like easily without trying to remember them all.

If we were to write a review section how would you like to see it implemented. ?
Mitch J. Frenzal

Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:12 pm

I don't know, I'll think about it over the weekend. :)

Edit : Possibly a little box for each game when you're looking at scores, With a "what you do think of this game, want to write a review?" message. With all the other reviews in it. And possibly some kind of five-star-scoring system? Could make the site more of an encylopedia of games that people recommend, Than a straight up highscore shootout. :) That's my thought, Now back to work. :)
Mitch J. Frenzal

Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:21 pm

Getting a new mahcine shortly, So expect me to forget all my passwords and such. Should be 100% again soon-ish. :)
GTi_bel

Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:07 pm

Hi,
Keep up the good work. Me and my friends are starting to join so expect some more scores. :)
zap

Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:51 am

Added some more features and one bug opps if you vote then someone deletes the score you voted on sometimes you can not access your profile page.. Will be fixing this soon... If you cant access your profile page this is the issue and will be fixed shortly.. https://cbm8bit.com/highscores/profile/zzap
Edit: This Bug is is now Squashed :)

Also found a fix to speeding up the site when a new score is approved and updated to the database :) this is a big one as we will be adding automatic approvals for players with a certain amount of scores and voting :) the approval process is there to reduce spammers uploading spam as scores and not so much for actual scores this is why we added voting, voting on score is important and adds to your own rating.

We are working on reviews for games and will be building a game review project for cbm8bit that will be integrated into the scores project, were seeking feature requests for the reviews project.. the beta release will be demoed on the scores pages soon...

You can now unfollow all games from your profile page and follow also soon you will be able to tick a box next to the game and unfollow more easily,

Emails were working on and will be releasing a few option to what emails you will be getting... Opt in and Opt out option will be... Site wide newsletters, Scores newsletters, Scores updates and Following emails, In your profile and on each email from us you will get a opt out option for emails.. We don't sent out many site emails maybe two or three a years, however when a score is updated and following emails are more common, we will have a latest activity page where you can see updates to your scores instead of receiving a email if you wish or as well if you missed an email , site emails will also be here. This will reduce the emails for those that don't wish to have them and stop all emails for those that wish to not get emails site wide.

Keep in mind the site is not a canned site and is coded one line at a time, features and bug fixes are user driven so have your say and please be detailed with images if possible. Were always looking for retro game images for backgrounds, trophies, or headers, if you can build some this would be great, i am not very artistic and will be adding more color to the site soon. Have some skills in creating retro game images let us know.

What feature do you want to be added ? images and or detailed description would speed up your requests..

Cheers Shane.

Link the site on every opportunity you get, lets get the word out and drive more players to out little community. :)
zap

Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:11 pm

Were working on auto approving today for select players.. :) this will make for faster approvals however we will need more vigilance from players if they spot any spam. :) Like all features please have your say.

Edit: Done for some players you will notice your scores uploaded are being approved automatically as your score on the site approves others will notice their score being auto approved as well.. This will certainly help the team approving scores to filter spam.

Shane.
GTi_bel

Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:05 pm

Great feature Shane,
I've noticed it today. Although my uploads stalled a bit :)
If errors are made, I can use the edit button I guess. Or ping you.
Cheers and keep up the good work.
zap

Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:16 pm

GTi_bel wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:05 pm
Great feature Shane,
I've noticed it today. Although my uploads stalled a bit :)
Each time a score is added to the database the site does a complete reload of the database hence why we needed to find the 30sec bug before this feature could be added, in time the site will get faster and the stalls will be less noticeable, the site is coding line by line and is not canned website..

Also we host for many other retro computer sites, for instance Gamebase 64 and their currently uploading all the files for a new release this may impact a little on the site as others will be smashing those files. I do throttle the FTP so the impact might be a short stall now and then and will be monitoring this to keep the all our hosted sites responsive while pushing the FTP as best as we can to clear the back log once it starts..

By the end of the week you will notice all games will have more a place to add a game screen shot and additional information reviews might be released at the same time depending on time we have spare. There are lots of screenshots on the web and we hope that players will help to add more information and maybe do a short review of their favorite games.

Cheers
Mitch J. Frenzal

Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:51 pm

Erm, I don't know if this is related to anything, But it keeps logging me out everytime I change screen on CBM8Bit. Which means I can't comment on anything, Never mind post anything.

Edit : About 20 minutes later, It appears to work okay, Might be the curse of the new machine. :)
zap

Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:33 am

It's taken a quite a bit of work but we have a beta of the extra information header were adding to the score project.. this will be part of a new project also where users can leave reviews.. What i am after is feedback on how we should display this extra information.. p.s were adding a hide button that defaults to hide next so games with no extra information uploaded yet will not display the empty fields.. Also only players with at least 20 uploaded score will be able to edit the information.. If you add information can we link the game here for a little bit see how the changes you make look. I made chnages to this game https://cbm8bit.com/highscores/game/c64 ... score-7167

Have Fun
Shane.
Attachments
extra informastion.png
extra informastion.png (73.86 KiB) Viewed 1651 times

Return to “The Retro Computer and Game Consoles Support & Chat”